Our current health situation around the world reminds us of the importance of making the right choices.
More than ever before, people are starting to realize how precious and fragile good health is, but there is so much more to address outside the recent pandemic. With the increase in chronic diseases, rising obesity, sleeping problems, and mental health concerns, like low self-esteem and lack of confidence, there are so many possibilities for us to explore how we can shift the needle on the wellness barometer.
The Health and Wellness Industry is well-placed to be part of the solution and has become essential!
World Wellness Weekend (WWW) is a collaborative platform founded by Jean-Guy de Gabriac in 2017 who has a heart and passion for people’s holistic wellbeing. According to de Gabriac, “there is no nobler mission in life than to encourage each and everyone to become the best version of themselves in alignment with their heart, head and gut”!”
Jean-Guy established this platform to inspire and empower people across the globe to make healthier choices and enjoy longevity and purpose with friends and family. Our daily choices are vast and include the importance of sufficient sleep and rest, good nutrition, physical activity, mindfulness, sense of purpose and much more.
WWW has grown significantly since 2017, reaching more than 7000 locations in 150+ countries across six continents in 2019. Despite some challenges with the lockdown in 2020, Jean-Guy was even more determined to drive holistic health and wellness awareness and continued with the event through online streaming and limited socially distanced group wellness activities around the world. Last year, thousands of safe, in-person, indoor, and outdoor activities and workshops were organised by each of the 2310 participating venues and where restrictions were still enforced, 52 hours of content were shared with thousands of listeners across 133 countries.
Owner of Canvas Aesthetics, and Johannesburg ambassador of World Wellness Weekend, Madeleine Colling is passionate about people’s wellbeing. Canvas Aesthetics is a destination for men and women aimed at providing an integrated solution for health and wellness which include transformation of image and self-esteem through non-invasive aesthetic treatments focussing on emotional, mental, and spiritual wellbeing.
Canvas Aesthetics is proudly hosting two open days in celebration of World Wellness Weekend on the 16th September 2022 from 10:00 to 18:00 and on the 17th September from 8:00 – 13:00. Various health and wellness professionals will be at Canvas Aesthetics, No 7 5th Avenue, Northmead Benoni, to showcase some of the important health and wellness pillars which include nutrition, mindfulness and purpose.
These two days promise to deliver fun, interactive, educational and wellness activities at NO CHARGE to attendees.
Various brands will be represented during this weekend, and you can look forward to participating and meeting professionals on-site who will provide consultations, live demos, share product knowledge and much more.
Some of the demonstrations and activities you can look forward to are:
- Showcasing various non-invasive aesthetic treatments and technology such as Laser Hair Removal, Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peels, Fat Freeze, Firming, Toning and many more. Come find out how these, and treatments like the Pressotherapy and Ozone can make you look and feel better about yourself.
- Meet our Aesthetic Doctor and learn about the “lunchtime facelift” – a minimally invasive treatment using threads to lift and tighten your face or neck, giving you that youthful, rejuvenated look. You may catch a patient or two being treated on the day and you could be a lucky winner of a B-Tox injectables treatment for those lines on your forehead.
- Lamelle is a leading South African Medical Skincare Brand and a sponsor of Mooimaak, the Makeover TV show on KykNet. Their innovative and unique solutions for managing pigmentation, acne/ problem, dry and sensitive skin is the most advanced as they currently hold 23 + patented ingredients which is the first in the world. Skincare Specialist of Lamelle, Judy Baron will be available to show you your 3D Skin Analysis and true skin age. If you are brave enough, you can have a peep at what you would look like at 80!
- There is so much diet-related information out there, it can be overwhelming at times. Nutrition is the cornerstone to good health, vitality, energy, mood, libido and general wellbeing. It is all about finding out what works for you. Come and meet our Canvas Dietitian as well as a Futurelife Dietitian who will be available to answer your questions.
- There are moments in life when women may feel a lack of desire, pleasure or comfort and just not sexually fulfilled. Today’s lifestyle is crazy – a hectic and stressful job, a busy life at home, body changes and so many responsibilities and challenges from all sides to deal with. Come and evaluate your sexual health using the Female Sexual Function Index medical tool and discover what solutions are available to assist with this common problem of desire and arousal disorder.
- NanaCoco is a unique Cosmetics and make-up range using cruelty-free and vegan-friendly products. Jenine O’Reilly of Belle Beauty has been in the industry for seven years and specializes in Bridal and Glam Make-Up. She will be hosting a FREE Introduction Workshop on Friday, the 16th September from 15h00 – 16h00. Beaver and Luxliss hair products have been devoted to excellent quality and their innovative formulations provide for the most comprehensive solution within the hairdressing industry. Chat to the team on Friday afternoon about your hair solution.
- Lashes are now a Girl’s Best Friend – come see a live demo on how our Lash Tech, from LashGlam meticulously builds each lash extension with utmost attention to detail. Don’t forget about your nails, our creative Biosculpture Nail Tech will show off her colour and art to your world.
- Are you in search of something bigger than you? Do you feel overwhelmed with a tsunami of emotions, fears and uncertainties? These are just some questions we are often confronted with. Dare to press the pause button and learn how to enjoy a more peaceful and meaningful life. Chat to Madeleine, a qualified Life Coach and find out how she could assist you to become your phenomenal self.
- Keeping fit should not be a destination, but a way of life! Come and challenge your fitness levels with the Jump Aholics team on Saturday morning. They will be demonstrating and inviting guests to join them for fun and interactive cardio training on the rebounders (mini trampolines). Chat to the owner, Ilse Engelbrecht who is passionate about “helping people jump into the best version of themselves”.
- Platinum Gold Internet Radio will be on-site, catering for great conversation, entertainment and feel-good music. Catch one of the DJs getting his B-Tox on-air.
Other than an awesome Health and Wellness Experience, meeting our Professionals and being educated about good choices in life, guests can expect the following:
Fantastic prizes to the value of R66 000+ to be won and given away – just for attending!
Stand a chance of winning one of the following four high-value prizes:
1st Prize – Value R6 350
- Forehead Anti-ageing Injectables Voucher
- Lamelle Hamper
- 1 x Under Arm Laser Hair Removal Session
2nd Prize – Value R4 370
- Consultation with Dietitian and a Meal Plan
- Fat Freeze Treatment
- Futurelife products
- Consultation with a Life Coach
3rd Prize – Value R3 640
- Microblading Treatment
- Lash Extension Voucher
4th Prize – Valued at R2 580
- Biosculpture Gel Overlay
- MediHeel Pedicure
- Hair Moisturising Treatment and Blow Wave
- Lamelle Carry Bag Set
80 Hydrating and Plumping Facial Treatment VOUCHERS, valued at R590 each and 100 Goodie Bags Up for Grabs!
How to win/qualify?
- Simply arrive either on the 16th or 17th or both
- Register at reception
- Give permission to use your details for marketing purposes
- Walk through and enjoy the day
- Winners will be drawn and announced the week commencing 19th September 2022.
- Limited Vouchers and Goodie Bags are available – while stocks last
- Terms and Conditions apply!
Social Media Prize Up for Grabs Valued at R2 500!
You can stand a chance of winning this magnificent Nanacoco PRO Makeup Case in Rose Gold valued at R2 500!
How to win:
- Simply arrive either on the 16th or 17th or both days
- Check-in on the Canvas Aesthetics FB Page
- Like and share our Facebook Page with a minimum of 5 friends
- Post your “Welfie” in the review with a positive message (We will show you how to Welfie)
- Remember to tag Canvas Aesthetics
- Use #canvasaesthetics #worldwellnessweekend #welfie
- Social Media activities will be reviewed, and the winner will be chosen from those who are most active and creative in promoting the Canvas Aesthetics World Wellness Weekend.
- Winners will be announced by no later than the 23rd September 2022
- Terms and Conditions apply – judge’s decision is final.
Facebook: canvasaesthetics Instagram: canvas_aesthetics
Host: Canvas Aesthetics
Thank you for everyone’s valued assistance and contribution in making this an amazing experience!!!
- Platinum Gold Online Radio
- Lamelle Research Laboratories
- Dr Bianca Beneke
- Christine Stent Pinha – Registered Dietician
- Exclusive Wellness Studios
- Nanacoco Luxury Makeup
- Permanent Make-up by Inked Aesthetics
- XStatic Nails
- Hair done by Tereze
- Rise Up to Grow Life Coaching
- Jump Aholics
- QMS Medicosmetics
- Proactive SA
- Tracy Harris Properties
- Beaver & Luxliss Hair Products